From: June 27th - July 1st
Where: Pilgrim Pines Conference Center (220 W Shore Rd, Swanzey, NH 03446)
Speaker: Pastor Stephen Sharkey
Theme: Christian Parenting: Discipling our children to become fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ.
- To learn how we can better parent our child(ren)
- bond as a family
- bond as a church
- have fun
- rest and relax
Why go on the retreat with your family?:
Christian parenting is something that we aspire to do, but very seldom do we put it into practice when raising our child(ren). How do we parent our child(ren) so that they can grow up owning their faith rather than just inheriting it? We will examine what scripture teaches us about how to adopt a lifestyle of christian discipleship. What does it mean for us to be followers of Jesus? How do we multiply our lives in the lives of our children? How do we live lives of christian mission in the midst of the business of being parents? What are the lies that culture tells us about raising our kids? Together we will open up scripture and answer these questions and more.
What will the schedule / structure be like?
- Adults: There will be one service in the morning for adults to go to and the rest of the day will be open for organized games and camp activities including, but not limited: swimming, canoeing, rock climbing, zip-lining, Metro Family Olympics, golfing, basketball, tennis, archery, etc.
- Children: Programming for children is provided all day long, but it is optional
Is the children's program for all ages or specific ages?
- All ages (infants - 12th grade)
What are the prices?
- $313 per adult by May 1st. $325 after May 1st.
- $156.50 per child between the ages of 4 - 12 by May 1st. $167 after May 1st
- Fees cover 4 nights of lodging (including private bathroom for each family), 13 all you can eat meals spanning the entirety of the retreat, and all the on site activities
What if the Retreat costs are too high for my family?
- Good news! Pilgrim Pines has a camping option where you can bring a tent and camp out. The cost of camping is substantially lower that the cost of staying in a cabin/bunkhouse. More details to come.
What if we want to only come for part of the retreat?
- You can come late or leave early but you must pay for the entirety of the retreat
How do I pay?
- Please mail a check written out to "Metro Community Church" with "Family Retreat" in the memo line. DO NOT DROP THE CHECK OFF IN THE OFFERING BASKET
- You can also hand the check to either Steve Bang or Pastor Peter