Sunday, November 18, 2018 – Sunday, January 27, 2019
1. MAKING A KINGDOM DIFFERENCE IN... ENGLEWOOD
In 2019, Metro Community Center will be continuing the programs it has established. MetroLIFE, our life-on-life mentoring program for Englewood high school students, will grow to include more students. Our middle-school basketball league will continue its weekly “open gym” and include coaching, league teams, mentorship, and academic support. The Arts Camp will continue to partner with Englewood Recreation and join with Ebenezer Baptist Church’s Summer Enrichment Camp to reach even more youth in Englewood. We are strengthening all of our programs to be prepared for our new space in a few years!
$70K of the Christmas Offering will be designated for this exciting opportunity
2. MAKING A KINGDOM DIFFERENCE IN... SOUTH AFRICA
Zimele USA continues to pursue its mission of confronting the root causes of poverty in rural South Africa by empowering women with financial literacy, small business, and life skills. Founded in 2007, over 11,000 women heads of households have been empowered to sustain independent livelihoods by breaking historical cycles of poverty and taking ownership of their futures.In 2019, Zimele USA will continue it’s mission by:
– Increasing programming of savings-based self help groups to reach more women in the current five communities
– Expanding geographically into an additional community
– Continuing to support our partners at Zimele Wethu as their staffing and program needs grow
– Supporting existing social service projects by organizing Ambassador trips with focuses on small business, health, and wellness skills workshops
– Supplying much needed resources during Ambassador trips to coincide with training
We are very excited to share these plans with you and continue this journey together to expand God’s Kingdom in South Africa.
$50K of the Christmas Offering will be designated for this amazing partnership
3. MAKING A KINGDOM DIFFERENCE BY... SUPPORTING METRO MISSIONARIES
Metro is excited to partner with multiple in-house missionaries - Linda Swanson, Scott Kwak, and Jong Ah Park. These missionaries serve and share the gospel to the least, the last, and the lost both domestically and internationally.
$32K of the Christmas Offering will be dedicated to support Metro’s missionaries
6 Ways to Give:
1. SUNDAY OFFERING: You can give to the Christmas Offering every week during our services between November 18, 2018 and January 27, 2019, placing your gift inside the envelope provided with your bulletin. Please be sure to notate “Xmas” on the ‘Other’ line of the envelope and be sure to notate “Christmas Offering” on the memo line of any checks that you give.
2. METRO APP: Giving to the Christmas Offering has never been easier! If you’ve downloaded the Metro App on your phone, simply select the ‘Give’ button on the home screen, type in the amount you wish to give, and select “Christmas Offering” as your Giving Type. Click ‘Next’ and follow the prompts!
3. GIVING ONLINE: To give online, visit www.emetro.org/give and click the ‘Give Now’ button. On the giving screen, type in the amount you wish to give, make sure you select “Christmas Offering” as your ‘Giving Type’. Click ‘Next’ and follow the prompts!
4. ONLINE BANKING: You can set up a one-time, or multiple check(s) to Metro Community Church through your bank’s online checking. Most banks offer this service at no charge. Be sure to notate “Christmas Offering” in the memo line.5. BY MAILIf you’d prefer to send your gift by mail, you can send it to our offices at:
Metro Community Church
291 S. Van Brunt Street, Suite 4
Englewood, NJ 07631
Once again, be sure to notate “Christmas Offering” along with your gift.
6. DONATE STOCK: If you own stock that has appreciated in value, it can be a signicant benefit to both Metro and you if you choose to donate it to the Christmas Offering. Please contact Pastor Kevin at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to give in this way or desire additional information.
All gifts are tax-deductible.To receive tax deduction credit for 2018, you MUST donate in 2018
For more information regarding our Christmas Offering, please email us at email@example.com