We understand that attending a new church can sometimes be an intimidating experience. To help put your heart and mind at ease, we've answered some of our most frequently asked questions related to the Metro experience...
1. What can I expect to find at Metro?
At Metro, you can expect to find a dynamic community, relevant teachings, contemporary worship, a world-class children’s program, and a place to grow relationships in a multicultural, judgement-free environment.
2. Where is Metro located?
For church services, we meet every Sunday at 9:30am & 11:30am at Dr. John Grieco Elementary School, located at 50 Durie Avenue in Englewood, NJ (Bergen County).
Our church administration office, where we host many ministry and church events during the week, is located at 291 South Van Brunt Street in Engelwood, NJ.
3. Is it OK to come to Metro if I’m not a Christian?
Absolutely! While we desire for everyone to meet and follow Jesus, we've had many people from a variety of religious backgrounds attend our church over the years who simply enjoyed the community atmosphere that our church provides. Rest assured that if you are not a Christian, you are welcome at our church.
4. Metro seems pretty big, how do I get plugged into the church?
There are three main routes for getting plugged into Metro as quickly as possible.
1. Sign up for one of our "underground" small groups, where you'll get to meet members of our community, while engaging in some form of Biblical study.
2. Serve in a ministry team. We believe God has given everybody unique skills and passions to help make the world a better place. If you're interested in using your talents at Metro, you can check out all of our ministries under the "ministries" tab in the top navigation menu on this website.
3. There are always a lot of events happening at our church. You can learn about all of our upcoming events, by selecting "News & Events" in the Community section of our website.
5. How accessible is the pastoral staff?
Generally speaking, our pastors - including our children's pastors - are fairly accessible throughout the week and you can find all of our staff contact information on our staff page if you have a question, input, or would like to set up an appointment to meet with them.
If you're brand new to Metro, we recommend stopping by the "Newcomers Quickstop" at the conclusion of the service on any given Sunday, where you can meet the "speaking" pastor from that day, who can answer any questions that you may have regarding Metro and give you an overview of our church.
Lastly, if you need prayer, we have a team of pastors and staff ready to pray for you at the conclusion of the sermon every service.
6. Am I too young or old for Metro?
Not at all! While the average age group hovers somewhere in the mid-thirties, our church is comprised of a spectrum of people from all age groups and stages of life - from college students to the elderly. Everyone is welcome!
7. Is There A Dress Code?
The only requirement is that you come clothed. Some churches stress wearing your "Sunday best" (e.g. suit and tie), but at Metro your Sunday best is simply being yourself. Come as you are!
8. Do I have to give money to the church?
Nope. The offering that we collect on Sundays is for people who call Metro their "home" church. If you're new to Metro, your gift to us is your presence!
9. Is Metro “infant friendly”?
Definitely! If you have a child two-years old and under who may get a bit cranky or rowdy, we have dedicated nursery rooms (rooms 128 & 129), where parents can watch a live broadcast of the service in HD for either of our services. If you would like to learn more about our nursery, visit our Nursery page.
10. What services do you have available for children?
Metro has been blessed to have a world-class children's and youth program with some amazing teachers. In addition to our children's nursery, we have classes for two-year olds all the way up to high school students.
To learn more about ou kids ministry, visit our Student Ministries page.
11. What Christian denomination does Metro belong to?
Metro is part of denomination called the Evangelical Covenant Church. To learn more about the ECC, you can visit their website at covchurch.org.